Low fat Italian healthy pasta recipe done with turnip top (broccoletti), 210 Kcal baked pasta.
I realize that many children turn up their pretty nose at the idea of eating broccoli. But I can assure you; that will be overcome by the wonderful aroma of this creamy pasta recipe. What about if you serve paccheri pasta truned vertically as the picture shows? Yes, a funny way to serve them differently, isn't it?
1. Start cleaning the turnip top (brocolletti), detach the florets with a small knife and wash in cold water. Put the remaining part of the broccoletti in the water of your steamer, or in a pot of boiling water with plenty salt. Arrange just the florets in the basket of the steamer and cook for 15 minutes. Transfer just 3/4 of florets in a food processor, and blend to obtain a cream.
2. In a saucepan cook at low heat for 10 minutes the 2 cloves of garlic, and the chili hot pepper flakes with extra virgin olive oil, so to obtain an aromatic oil.
3. In a bowl mix the broccoletti cream you made previously with the whole florets and ricotta cheese. Mix well with a wooden spoon, add the aromatic oil and a pinch of salt, now with this stuffing you have to fill a pastry bag.
4. Turn on the oven at 350F (180C), then in the same water used for steaming the broccoletti cook paccheri pasta too, but leaving them rather al dente.
5. Lightly grease small individual oven-proof dishes, sprinkle the bottom with breadcrumbs, arrange paccheri standing next to each other. Fill the paccheri with the cream of broccoletti, cover with tin foil and bake for 15 minutes.