Easy Italian meatloaf recipe how to make meatloaf with spinach and ricotta cheese!
My ITALIAN PASTA SAUCE eBOOK
30 Great Recipes With Pictures Included
Meat & Fish Sauces Some For VegetariansToo!
You can proudly serve it to your husband today and say: "This is my first Italian meatloaf..." If you haven't already cooked one this is the recipe to look for!
Stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese and a few slices of prosciutto, but just if you have it, otherwise don't mind because it's also very nice without.
This meatloaf recipe is surrounded with potatoes, and if you like it's delicious served with a cream of porcini mushrooms. Don't worry leftovers are better the day after...
- 2 lb (900g) ground pork
- 1 lb (450g) ricotta cheese
- 2 ½ cups (560g) spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 ounces prosciutto slices, or bacon
- 3 Tbsp (40g) chopped carrot, onion, celery (soffritto) frozen or ready mixed.
- 2 eggs
- grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- salt, pepper and nutmeg
Preparation: about 1 - 1/2 hour
- Fry the onion, carrot and celery in olive oil to make as it's called in Italian "soffritto".
Then add the ground pork, eggs, "soffritto", bread crumbs, parmesan cheese into a mixer or knead by hands until the mixture is neither too soft nor too hard.
Then lay the mixture of meat on a sheet of baking paper and flatten it with your hands.
Put slices of "prosciutto" or bacon, and then make a layer of spinach and ricotta cheese (previously mixed together) and re-lay slices of prosciutto or bacon over spinach and ricotta.
- Now roll the meatloaf with the baking paper and then close it with aluminum foil (together with all the baking paper).
Bake for 1 hour at about 400F (200C). But just 10 minutes before ending remove the aluminum foil and the baking paper and keep cooking without it.
You can serve this easy Italian meatloaf with baked potatoes
or stewed peas as you like. I ensure you that it's a complete meal and
there's no adult or child who does not enjoy it.
RELATED RECIPES & STORIES...